Just like anyone else who has a soul, music is a huge part of my life. I connect more with song lyrics than I do with most people. Music continuously inspires me and I could think of no better place to have constant inspiration surrounding me than in my home.
This project is super easy and fun, I currently have three in my home and I’ve made some special request pieces for friends. Because this project would be nothing without the artists who sang these lyrics, I’ve attached videos for each piece. Enjoy!
What you will need:
(I made all of my purchases at Michaels, but any craft store should work)
Martha Stewart Crafts paint (I used the Satin base for this project)
Hot glue gun
1. Find a paint appropriate area to work or throw down some paper grocery bags down on your surface like I did
2. Wipe down canvas to get any dust off
3. Layout your quote or lyrics and decide how you want to place them on your canvas, then put them off to the side.
4. Paint you canvas.
5. While the canvas is drying, paint your wooden letters. You can get creative here! I chose to paint most of the letters the same color as my canvas and use white paint for the words that I wanted to stand out.
6. Let everything dry
7. Once the canvas and all of the letters are dry, use your hot glue gun and glue down the letters how you originally placed them
8. Be inspired!